Re: [SLE] no keyboard with KDE

From: Jose Thadeu Cavalcante (thadeurj_at_terra.com.br)
Date: 11/04/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:39:21 -0200

    Look if VNC Server is enabled in Sax2 configuration, when I set it my keyboard
    stop to work like your keyboard. To type root password I use kcharselect from
    K-Menu/Utilities/Desktop via copy/paste.
    Thadeu
    On Friday 04 November 2005 09:02, Vincente Aggrippino wrote:
    > I tried to send this email to opensuse@opensuse.org first, but it
    > didn't come to me through the mailing list ::shrug::
    >
    > SuSE 10.0.
    >
    > I recently switched from Fedora Core where I was used to Gnome. So,
    > when I switched to SuSE, I made sure that all of the Gnome and GTK
    > stuff was installed and Gnome was the default. I thought I'd give KDE
    > a try, since it's SuSE's default and there are a lot of programs that
    > I'm not using which are KDE based.
    >
    > After I switched, using the "Session" link at the bottom of the
    > greeter, I can't use the keyboard. I know it works, I just can't use
    > it from within KDE. I can't type in a Konsole terminal... I can't use
    > CTRL-ALT-F1 to switch to the actual console. I can't open the YaST
    > Control Center properly because I can't type the root password when
    > I'm prompted.
    >
    > If I use the mouse to log out, or end my session, I can type again...
    > I can log in. Everything works fine in Gnome.
    >
    > I read something from an old message that seems to describe this
    > problem in relation to upgrading KDE, but this is the first time I've
    > run KDE.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Vince

    • Re: [opensuse] Running a program as root from desktop panel
      ... then it launches the application via kdesu. ... It's how YaST2 is launched in the KDE desktop ... Now as you mentioned you've got GNOME available you might want to look again ... How do make a it prompt for my root password when ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Problem mit Tastatureinstellungen...
      ... Leider ist bei jedem Start von GNOME meine Tastatur falsch eingestellt. ... Keyboard Model: Logitech Ultra-X Keyboard ... Wenn ich allerdings das Keyboard-Konfigurationstool aus dem KDE ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.apps.gnome)
    • Re: cannot get into X - after testing dist-upgrade 11-03-05
      ... > Thanks again Kent, ... you said earlier that you can log into Gnome without this problem. ... I just saw another thread on the list that may be relevant: "keyboard ... quit working after kde upgrade, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Problem mit Tastatureinstellungen...
      ... Leider ist bei jedem Start von GNOME meine Tastatur falsch eingestellt. ... Keyboard Model: Logitech Ultra-X Keyboard ... Third level choosers: Press Right Alt key the choose third level ... Wenn ich allerdings das Keyboard-Konfigurationstool aus dem KDE ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.apps.gnome)
    • Re: [SLE] 9.3: Keyboard keymaps and xorg
      ... > I finally don't think it's a bug in KDE as the keyboard problem also ... But SuSE is so kde centered, that there are kde things running ... gnome uses kde help by ... similar to what other Spanish people report. ...
      (SuSE)