[SLE] smbfs enabled but not working

From: elefino (kevinmcl_at_magma.ca)
Date: 11/04/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:37:31 -0400

    All,

    YaST > System Services (Runlevel) shows that nmb and smb are installed and
    enabled, while smbfs is installed and enabled, but has the asterisk (*)
    indicating that it is not working.

    If I select it and click "Enable", an info/dialog pops up saying:

    /etc/init.d/smbfs start returned 6 (program is not configured):
    Mount SMB/ CIFS File System ..unused
                  [OK]

    A populated smb.conf file exists, so I assume this must be looking
    for some other file, in order to feel "configured". Anybody know
    what needs configging, here? Is it accessible via a YaST dialog,
    or do I create/edit a file directly?

    Kevin

    • Re: [opensuse] SSH & Rkhunter
      ... System | System Services --> find sshd and turn off ... Bob S wrote: ... Found something in the Yast /etc/Sysconfig editor but have no idea ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Privoxy keeps getting disabled
      ... On Friday 05 Apr 2013 14:02:18 Anton Aylward wrote: ... When I go into System Services in Yast I enable it. ... Privoxy is always enabled now. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] disable X in 9.3
      ... >> VGA monitor on the box I only want console access through the ... Open the run-level editor (YaST -> System -> System Services ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: Beagle frontend
      ... In openSUSE that is YaST> System> System Services. ... Desktop configuration is in Configure Desktop. ... Problem is that Beagle, Pulse Audio and maybe some more, are not part of KDE ...
      (SuSE)