Re: [SLE] Dual layer DVD burning w/k3b

Suse 10 seems to support DL drives just fine. Suse 9.3 did *not* support them. The UI is a little funky though. Down at the bottom right of the screen is a little area that says "Available: 4.4 GB of 4.4 GB". If you right click that text you get a "DVD Size" menu that includes 8 GB.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich G" <rgoodwin1@xxxxxxx>
To: <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] Dual layer DVD burning w/k3b

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 22:34 -0500, Rich G wrote:
I have an external DVD burner that supports dual layer (DVD+R DL).  k3b
sees it and recognizes this under Configure k3b | Devices.  When I
identify the files to burn, k3b only allows 4.4GB to be used.

Anyone know how to change that?  I gather it is a parameter to set for a
program....

Rich

I checked the archives back to Oct 2005 and did not find anything. Google did not help, tweaking parameters did not work - that is why I posted the question..... I thought it would have been brought up already. I just could not find the question to get to see if anyone answered.

Rich

--

GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu

Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.

             They run Windows don't they!!