Re: [SLE] maximum nproc value
- From: Michael Green <mishagreen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:11:09 +0200
On 2/2/06, Steve Graegert <graegerts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wow, such a quick reply...
gene1:~ # vi nproc.c
gene1:~ # cc nproc.c -o nproc
gene1:~ # ./nproc
CHILD_MAX = 999
that means that a user cannot fork more than 999 processes?
Now suppose I run a fork bomb, the machine will die right away. Why?
Cannot modern dual cpu computer handle a little more than 999
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [SLE] maximum nproc value
- Next by Date: Re: [SLE] SuSE 10 for PowerPC
- Previous by thread: Re: [SLE] maximum nproc value
- Next by thread: Re: [SLE] maximum nproc value