Re: [SLE] Gateway M520 laptop

On Sunday 12 February 2006 17:01, BandiPat wrote:
Yes, I've already been there!  I've googled my heart out about it, but
have yet to find anything worthwhile for this laptop.  As I mentioned,
I think Linux has the sound working, but not being able to activate the
speakers via hardware, makes it near impossible.  As I mentioned, I
might try using wine for the windows drivers just to test, unless
another user here with that same model has news about how to get it
going under Linux.

Again, further search with google finds people running that sound chipset with
no problem.

Have you run alsaconf? Checked all of the sound mixers for something muted?

(you're going to slap your forehead when you find the problem... I guarantee..
<g>)