Re: [SLE] ssh access fails two of four hosts

On 2/16/06, philli@xxxxxxx <philli@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear friends,
Hosts 1,2,3,4 connected to hubs and router and cable modem.
All hosts access Internet and all hosts ping each other.
All hosts ssh both ways EXCEPT 1 and 2 cannot be ssh
accessed.
1 and 2 are SuSE 10. 3 and 4 are SuSE 9. I am presently
depending on the installed state of SSH, but would like to
overcome the above while I hopefully dive into it.

What other info need I supply to get help?
Thanks philli

Check the firewall settings of 1 and 2. Maybe port 22 (SSH) is not open.

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

  • Re: SSH: remote login returns "invalid user"
    ... do you differentiate between client hosts and server hosts and most ... with your current account being "brownh" and you ... At present, I have three or four hosts on a LAN, and I can ssh from ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: openssh concerns
    ... in to ssh. ... No protection is afforded against DNS poisoning, ... Hosts with no reverse DNS ... big service providers like google and hotmail. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: IPV6 & pf
    ... das einzige was mir auffällt sind icmpv6 Fehler. ... Oben sieht man die funktionierende Verbindung, ... Wenn Du auf beiden Hosts tcpdump vergleichst, ... ssh auch direkt pingen. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.bsd)
  • Re: Whats the deal on the -X vs -Y thing?
    ... As a quick fix you could use something like this as your remote ssh ... chain is compromised (eg at either the tty layer, X11 forwarding port ... forwarding would not be needed on the intermediate hosts. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: what checking should FW-1 perform?
    ... >> some selected hosts on the other side. ... >> So I am going to supply the source IP, username and SSH public dsa key ... >> for each client with a list of IPs want to connect to. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)