[SLE] Audio port redirect?
- From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:56:57 -0800 (PST)
I hope this isn't trivial, but I suddenly need this, and have almost no
time to play, manual hunt, etc. and am hoping there's a quick answer
My system has a built-in audio card, that works fine, and I use an
external USB sound system too. The external device works a treat with
Audacity, showing up as /dev/dsp1.
However, I now want to use this output device to play the sound from a
a) persuade Xine to use this device directly? If so, how?
b) persuade mplayer to use this device? Also how?
c) relink, redirect, or otherwise mess with, the system config so that
either of these programs will be writing to the USB device without any
I don't really want this to be permanent, and this is a laptop, so
physical but temporary removal of the sound card isn't an option.
Thanks in advance, I'm off to read more manuals now!
"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." ? Naguib Mahfouz
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [SLE] /. article on Novell's Linux Replacment
- Next by Date: [SLE] re:[SLE] gdi printer `processing' but now printing ........[was not printing] on suse 10
- Previous by thread: [SLE] /. article on Novell's Linux Replacment
- Next by thread: [SLE] re:[SLE] gdi printer `processing' but now printing ........[was not printing] on suse 10