Re: [SLE] Yes I am bitter.

On Saturday 25 February 2006 11:09 pm, Bryan S. Tyson wrote:
On Saturday 25 February 2006 5:13 am, Per Jessen wrote:
I have to say - someone who switches operating system ("I haven?t used
Linux since November") purely because his graphics card isn't supported
needs a rethink of priorities.

Yes, why not switch his videocard instead of his OS. Switch to Nvidia which
the article repeatedly states has much better Linux support, then email ATI
telling them why you switched and that you will not be buying any more ATI
cards until the Linux support is up to par.

Yeah, I read the rant, also.

I can't imagine downgrading to Windows just because of the video card. It is
almost as pathetic and stupid as my co-workers who insist on having Wintendo
around just to "play games."

I equate that to removing all airbags and half the brakes on the car in order
to drive faster.

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com

www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

  • Re: [SLE] Yes I am bitter.
    ... Linux since November") purely because his graphics card isn't supported ... needs a rethink of priorities. ... any more ATI cards until the Linux support is up to par. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Help needed in rec.audio.pro
    ... > Rewire you can add even more to your environment (like Reason, FL Studio, ... Linux also has LADSPA and some VST's work as well. ... I have that card (sblive! ... Emu support seems to exist now. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Help needed in rec.audio.pro
    ... > Rewire you can add even more to your environment (like Reason, FL Studio, ... Linux also has LADSPA and some VST's work as well. ... I have that card (sblive! ... Emu support seems to exist now. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Good distro for home use by a non techie?
    ... Is there a Linux ... > them this will be mandatory as I won't be able to offer tech support). ... know about the pinnacle card. ... Windows CE handheld depends on the handheld. ...
    (alt.os.linux)

  • ... Prepare for SD-combo support by splitting SD memory ... Test if the card supports high-speed mode and, if so, switch to it. ... int err; ...
    (Linux-Kernel)