Re: [SLE] Font settings

On 01/03/06 23:58, Bob S wrote:
On Wednesday 01 March 2006 02:30, Charles Philip Chan wrote:

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 02:11:56 -0500

Bob S <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ummmm...Thanks Charles,
Where do I put
that? /opt/kde3/share/desktop ?? ......./opt/kde3/share/apps/? Could
you be a little more specific for a dummy like me?

Since you use KDE, the easist way is to symlink the file to the
"Autostart" folder on your desktop (the corresponding directory is
~/Desktop/Autostart).

Charles

OK, but don't have a /home/bob/Desktop/Autostart folder. Do have
an /opt/kde3/share/autostart where I symlinked the daemon though. Doesn't
work. I suspect that file doesn't do anything though because there is lots of
stuff in there that I don't get on my desktop.

Is there a configuration file somewhere that I can change the default gnome
font size?

Bob S.

Try putting it in /home/bob/.kde/Autostart

You won't get anything from /opt/kde3/share/autostart on your desktop;
that is only for stuff that starts automatically for every kde user.
Your desktop material is located in <home>/Desktop

  • Re: [SLE] Font settings
    ... Bob S wrote: ... you be a little more specific for a dummy like me? ... Since you use KDE, the easist way is to symlink the file to the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] 12.1 does not automatically start KDE
    ... Thanks Bob. ... I just end up at a console when I boot and when I shut down. ... Linux User 183145 using LXDE and KDE4 on a Pentium IV, ... LXDE WM & KDE Development Platform: ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Trouble with Konsole
    ... On Sunday 22 February 2009 08:20:51 pm Bob S wrote: ... If you don't mind updating, you will change your mind over KDE4 with KDE ... and since then I had no conflicts. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Screen background refresh timing
    ... Bob Bob wrote: ... One of the apps I use has a significant amount of screen updating that ... At first I thought it may be an X problem but wonder if it isnt KDE. ... apps dont appear to be affected. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Irritating typing delays and errant cut and paste using Thunderbird
    ... > KDE font environment. ... When I opened it and clicked on the Fonts ... > Cheers Bob ... get Qt and gTK to play together nice, the more I messed up my system, so I ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)