Re: [SLE] Leafnode Configuration

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 04:52 pm, Michael W Cocke wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 16:27:01 -0800, you wrote:
I wonder if anyone has managed to get leafnode to work for them.

I setup leafnode as best as I could tell, following instrucitons out on
the net.

I then ran fetchnews -n -v to get stuff, and I saw stuff coming over.

When I've tried to get either KNode or Pan to connect to my locahost
news server, I get either a connection refused or operation in progress
message.

Ideas?

My firewall is set to 'off' so there should be no issues. I'm honestly
not sure how to self-check if port 119 is enabled. ???
--

Leafnode works fine - but not the ancient version that ships with
SuSE. The version you want is 1.11.4 (and be careful, there's a fork

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'ancient' since I had 1.11.3, but I
upgraded anyway from the leafnode site directly.

Still get the same error.

I can download all the newsgroups - it appears - when I run
fetchsomethingoranother, but both KNode and Pan balk at downloading groups
from localhost, yoda, or 127.0.0.1.

Not a big deal, as Pan allows downloading of headers and bodies, this is more
so I can work on my donutmonster binary download project while going to and
from work (I carpool.).

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com

43 - For those who require slightly more than the answer to life, the universe
and everything.