Re: [SLE] Creating bootable DVD from 5CDs

On Saturday 11 March 2006 13:35, Scorpy wrote:
It isnt simple as that.

DVD which is located on FTP is eval only.
CDs are the full version.

With what did I hijacked threads? The question was about Suse.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter M. Groen [mailto:pgroen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:16 PM
To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [SLE] Creating bootable DVD from 5CDs

On Saturday 11 March 2006 12:16, Scorpy wrote:
Greatings!

Is there a way to create bootable DVD from 5CDs located on Suse FTP?
I want to create it under windows, but all the how-to-s are written
for creating it under Linux. The idea is to make bootable DVD so I can
install Linux.

Thanks!

Scorpy

FIrst: Download the DVD instead of the CD's.
Second: Burn a DVD from the ISO
Third: Don't hijack threads..
--
Peter M. Groen
Open Systems Development

IIRC the Eval *is* the full install version of OpenSuse.
http://mirror.tamu.edu/suse/i386/10.0/iso/SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM.iso

The original title of this thread was : "Upgrading KDE" posted by David

--
Peter M. Groen
Open Systems Development

  • Re: [SLE] SUSE 9.1 pro DVD, FTP version?
    ... Unless I'm mistaken, you can download to a disk, and install from there, ... > It looks like the files have to be served thru a ftp server. ... > serves the files off the dvd! ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] ftp server - SOLVED
    ... > bit of this and share of the DVD drive)? ... > FTP process all-together. ... > a boot disk with modules, ... > CD-ROM to install from. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Am I crazy or are the engineers of this tv station insane?
    ... I usually encode my commercials to mpg2 and ftp them to this particular TV ... Their reply (after they said they checked with their engineering ... explained that I wasn't encoding and burning a dvd that I was just burning a ...
    (rec.video.production)
  • Re: Corrupt SUSE 9.3 DVD iso????????
    ... DVD iso as having 188 MB, when its size is in fact 4.5 GB! ... old-fashioned FTP style on a Windows XP Command ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: novell-suse linux dead meat?
    ... > Why did you buy a DVD of the FTP version? ... > money off of it, except you're wallet/purse is a bit lighter. ... comparison to a boxed one from Novell). ... is much cheaper than downloading the FTP version via a 56k modem. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)