Re: [SLE] Adding users as NON root

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 14:40 +0200, Dick Kniep wrote:
Hi Silviu

On Monday 27 March 2006 14:04, Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:
On Monday 27 March 2006 10:58, Dick Kniep wrote:
Hi list,

We developed an application that runs on a central (SuSE) system and is
distributed using GoGLobal (kind of Citrix, but a lot cheaper). Some of
the users can add users, so they should be able to execute "adduser" or a
Yast module. However I do not want to give those users root permissions.
Anyone out there knows how to do that?

man sudo

With sudo, I still need to give the users the root password...... I do not
want that.

IIRC you can specify that they use either their own password, or no
password at all. I did this back when I used Corel Linux and Roaring
Penguin PPPOE software so my wife could start rp and kill rp without
needing the root password.