Re: [SLE] Adding users as NON root

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 14:40 +0200, Dick Kniep wrote:
Hi Silviu

On Monday 27 March 2006 14:04, Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:
On Monday 27 March 2006 10:58, Dick Kniep wrote:
Hi list,

We developed an application that runs on a central (SuSE) system and is
distributed using GoGLobal (kind of Citrix, but a lot cheaper). Some of
the users can add users, so they should be able to execute "adduser" or a
Yast module. However I do not want to give those users root permissions.
Anyone out there knows how to do that?

man sudo

With sudo, I still need to give the users the root password...... I do not
want that.

IIRC you can specify that they use either their own password, or no
password at all. I did this back when I used Corel Linux and Roaring
Penguin PPPOE software so my wife could start rp and kill rp without
needing the root password.

  • Re: [SLE] Adding users as NON root
    ... On Monday 27 March 2006 14:04, Silviu Marin-Caea wrote: ... We developed an application that runs on a central (SuSE) system and is ... However I do not want to give those users root permissions. ... With sudo, I still need to give the users the root password...... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] SUSE 10.2 Beta1
    ... but all it takes to fix that is 'sudu passwd root'. ... it's 'sudo' and the same thing is possible in SUSE. ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Card Reader
    ... Running your script ... instead of sudo is worthless because your script *can't do ... And of course it doesn't ask for a root password, ... >> That's just more bullshit Bryan, and you might as well leave ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: hi all..
    ... And with sudo, I certainly wouldn't because they already have root. ... If you somehow had access to my account right now, ... install an effective key logger without root. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: hi all..
    ... compromise security to achieve it - such as very insecure sudo defaults ... that essentially make any admin group user password a root password. ... IE someone gets your user account password, they can do more than just ...
    (Fedora)