Re: [SLE] Adding users as NON root
- From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:25:07 -0500
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 14:40 +0200, Dick Kniep wrote:
On Monday 27 March 2006 14:04, Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:
On Monday 27 March 2006 10:58, Dick Kniep wrote:
We developed an application that runs on a central (SuSE) system and is
distributed using GoGLobal (kind of Citrix, but a lot cheaper). Some of
the users can add users, so they should be able to execute "adduser" or a
Yast module. However I do not want to give those users root permissions.
Anyone out there knows how to do that?
With sudo, I still need to give the users the root password...... I do not
IIRC you can specify that they use either their own password, or no
password at all. I did this back when I used Corel Linux and Roaring
Penguin PPPOE software so my wife could start rp and kill rp without
needing the root password.
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [SLE] Why no Reply-to?
- Next by Date: [SLE] NIC recommendation for SuSE 9.2
- Previous by thread: Re: [SLE] Adding users as NON root
- Next by thread: Re: [SLE] Adding users as NON root