[SLE] NIC recommendation for SuSE 9.2
- From: "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:53:00 +0200
I have a SuSE 9.2 system which I always run at init 5 which has a Realtek 8139D NIC in it. I have contacted te manufacturers and there currently is not a Linux module/driver available for it. I have therefore decided to insert a SuSE Linux 9.2 compatible PCI card.
I have looked on the hw db and have not been able to get a clear answer on what card is supported.
I have also telephoned a Linux support company who recommeded an Intel
Pro 100 NIC but said that it was probably more expensive than other cards.
I am prepared to install this card but would have thought that a company
like 3Com would have cards that work under linux and are cheaper ie
3c509, 3C905c-TXM, 3C59x.
I have been told that the D-Link DFE520-TX is also linux compatible but
again that is from the person reading the back of the box.
Considering this is for a 2 PC home network that needs to be reliable,
and I do not have spurious cash to throw at non working NICS, which of
the 3Com cards or other would you recommend that WILL work with SuSE 9.2.
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [SLE] Adding users as NON root
- Next by Date: [SLE] Let's make life more DiffyKult! (was Re: [SLE] Why no Reply-to?)
- Previous by thread: [SLE] Suse 10.0 boot problem
- Next by thread: Re: [SLE] NIC recommendation for SuSE 9.2