Re: [SLE] NIC recommendation for SuSE 9.2

On Monday 27 March 2006 11:53, Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC) wrote:
Hi,

I have a SuSE 9.2 system which I always run at init 5 which has a
Realtek 8139D NIC in it. I have contacted te manufacturers and there
currently is not a Linux module/driver available for it. I have
therefore decided to insert a SuSE Linux 9.2 compatible PCI card.

Woot? The Realtek 8139 is one of the most widely used (cheap) chips. It kind
of sucks, but it does work, the driver has workarounds for the card's quirks.

The driver is called 8139too and is included with SUSE.

Using YaST to set it up should work.

Perhaps there's a hardware problem.

Do you see the card in YaST, Hardware Information?