Re: [SLE] Re: [OT] 2 questions.. fetchmsttfons.sh and where are the actual font files now?

On Saturday 08 April 2006 16:59, Kevanf1 wrote:
On 08/04/06, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx <jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Attempting, tho not doing well at it.. to install the MS fonts on a
system because they are needed to accurately display some documents and
the user just wants them. When I do the Yast Online Update, right after
I did a fresh 10.0 install on an ath64 box, the script
"fetchmsttfonts.sh" tells me to read the Eula carefully and then it
gags and tells me it can't get them ... no reason it just can't and I
can skip or abort..

I seem to recall this happening in the past. And IIRC MS had moved the
files to some other location. But right now that is all the input I
can give you.

I've had this happen a few times after install. Usually I find that
going back and selecting a different download server sorts the problem
out. I don't know what is going on but I suspect that there is a
simple time out at the server I chose in the first place. Heavy load
perhaps or routine server maintenance?

jfweber:

If fetchmsttfonts.sh does not work for you, have a look in that file. It may
contain some hints on what to do.

This might also be of use:

http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/corefonts/