[SLE] Changed Network Cards

All,

I changed my realtek network card for a intel pro 1000 gig card. Suse10
added this card as eth1 I want to change it back to eth0 I know there is
a flat file for doing this but for the life of me I can't remember which
it is. After long searches on google I can't seem to find it either.

I think it was posted here once also but just no luck with that, any
help with the name of this file would be greatly appreciated.
Elijah Savage | AOL IM:layer3rules
Senior Network Engineer | When it has to be switched or routed.
http://www.digitalrage.org | The Information Technology News Center
----- http://www.digitalrage.org/?page_id=46 for pgp public key--------

  • Re: [SLE] Changed Network Cards
    ... I changed my realtek network card for a intel pro 1000 gig card. ... Suse10 ... I do not even have to rename it, if I can just get eth1 to start at ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: MAC address changed
    ... a Realtek network card, ... yesterday, and on reboot, the MAC address on the card has changed from ... I've never noticed MAC changes, but I've had bad performance problems ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: 3C515 - Knoppix 5 - setup
    ... pnpdump shows the card as well. ... that the I/O and IRQ match what isapnp is setting the card to. ... ifconfig does not show eth0 as an option ... iface lo inet loopback ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • 3Com Etherlink III (3C509B) wont work
    ... This posting is a rewrite of a preveous posting, ... readable information allong with some new information. ... If I set the card up to DHCP it's addres from the router the bring up fails, ... The value for line 5 (eth0) never changes, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • 3Com Etherlink III (3C509B) wont work
    ... This posting is a rewrite of a preveous posting, ... readable information allong with some new information. ... If I set the card up to DHCP it's addres from the router the bring up fails, ... The value for line 5 (eth0) never changes, ...
    (linux.redhat)