Re: [SLE] cron not recognizing changes to /etc/cron.d files [SOLVED] - OT

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 14:51, Joachim Schrod wrote:
Leendert Meyer wrote:
No, but I didn't look for them very hard. ;P It wouldn't be too difficult
to write a little script that checks every file on your system and
reports the file(s) that have all 3 times different.

Please note that such a script won't be very sensible.

Since every read access changes atime, the ``access time'', there will be
very few files that have all 3 times the same.

Indeed, you're quite right! ;D I've never tought of that. It's a paradox: the
very property that one wants to monitor is changed by the same action.

Hmm, one would have to mount a filesystem read-only. I suppose then it would
work.

Cheers,

Leen

  • Re: [SLE] cron not recognizing changes to /etc/cron.d files [SOLVED] - OT
    ... Leendert Meyer wrote: ... write a little script that checks every file on your system and reports the filethat have all 3 times different. ... Since every read access changes atime, the ``access time'', there will be very few files that have all 3 times the same. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Copy file with multiple names
    ... be reaching to assume thet I use a flawed concept just because I do not take ... Jeff C ... but I was asking for assistance on the script. ... I have automated pivot table reports generated from data. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Copy file with multiple names
    ... but I was asking for assistance on the script. ... Jeff C ... I have automated pivot table reports generated from data. ... I have been unsuccessful getting a script to move and rename the ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: another frustrating learner question, CLOS
    ... processing a data file in a one time script? ... The meat of Erik message is that the problems that have this kind of ... That's what I do all day, every day, because management needs reports, ... you put them in a script to generate ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Help with first script please. files, directories, autocomplete
    ... reports named like this; 12345A-F.doc. ... Most inspections also require a technique which is saved as a pdf. ... My command line script will work like this: ...
    (comp.lang.python)