Re: [SLE] What Apache module for SVN with WebDAV to use with SuSE 10.0

--- Allister <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 19:57, George Stoianov
wrote:
have another question I am trying to
set it up so my repository is available on the
web,
served by Apache through WebDAV, I have the
modules
loaded thanks to you, but I cannot find how to add
Location directive using YaST. I am using this as
guideline
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8596.

Here are the steps I am taking:
1. Start YaST
2. Go to Network services
3. Start the HTTP Server
4. Go to Default host.
5. Click on Add
I get a list of directives and not one of them is
called Location, what am I missing? I can add one
myself but I don't know how I can proceed from
there
to enter the necessary parameter?

What is the right way of doing this? Should I just
edit httpd.conf adding the directive??

Have just this minute finished doing the same, and
it works a treat.
Helpfully there is a small howto (including setting
up Location directives in
the correct configuration files) which you can find
at /usr/share/doc/packages/subversion/README.SuSE
(assuming that you
installed the ViewCVS rpm).
Let me know if you have any problems.
Allister

Thank you Allister,

This document is exactly what I needed. I am running
in abit of problem with getting it complete. Following
the instructions I have done the following:

1. I have added the svn user and group
2. Set up svnserve through the runlevels
3. added the directories under /srv
4. created the repositories
5. editted the subversion.conf file to include
directives for the 2 projects
6. when I try to add the include for subversion.conf
and click Finish in Yast I get:
"Error
Cannot adjust 'apache2' service."

I am sure I have messed up something but what??
Thanks.
George

--

Public Key to be found at www.keyserver.net.