[SLE] Warning to Americans!

The default installation of SuSE printers uses A4 paper, which will cause your
printer to hang up. It happened to me and it took a while to figure out what
was going on. CUPS also has to be told (separately, I think) what the paper
size is. For Americans, it should be letter size. The setting is in the
filter parameters of the printer.

Since I ask lots of questions, perhaps I can do a good turn for others here.

Paul

  • Re: Hard question
    ... Hiren's Boot CD. ... if I try to open console (from installation CD) ... but I think it was the Retail CD that was trouble. ... Where does it "hang" here. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Deployment of Microsoft dot net framework 2.0
    ... The installation still appears to hang? ... sms package. ... Package by sms. ... middle of the installation when the user goes home. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.swdist)
  • RE: Blue Screen error and system hang after installing Office 12
    ... The login time from actual ... Source: Windows Search Service ... appears the installation of Office 2007 has caused a failure of the Windows ... Source: Application Hang ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Installation Process Just Hangs
    ... You need to boot from the CD, you may need to change your bios settings to ... I tried to install a Dual Boot System on my older Compaq Presario. ... But when I attempt to use the installation program to resize my C ... Could WinXP's Restoration Program be causing the Process to Hang? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.1.0.10
    ... > same problem for me with a hang while ... > Reply to message from Rick Murray ... > T> newsgroup, I can't synchronize the NG, ... > T> clean installation of the current version, ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)