Re: [SLE] Re: Should I sit this one out?

As a point of reference, I've been running 10.1 both at home and in the
office since around beta 8 or 9, and so far it's been working well, so
calling it "totally broken" is just wrong. It's not really all that
different from 10.0.

So far the issues I've seen people report are

* update system broken
* Beagle consuming too many resources

Have I missed anything?

I think the point is that it should not have shipped with the broken package
manager. I've bought and used every SUSE since 6.0 but if I'd bought 10.1 as
a commercial offering i'd be returning it and asking for my money back

I'm beginning to agree with those who are concerned as to where Novell is
going with SUSE.

And yes I have installed and run 10.1, but I don't want the eye candy and I
hate the package manager, so what is the point.

I'm keeping 10.0 , and thinking of looking elsewhere in the future.

Mike

  • Re: [SLE] Re: Should I sit this one out?
    ... I think the point is that it should not have shipped with the broken package ... I've bought and used every SUSE since 6.0 but if I'd bought 10.1 as ... hate the package manager, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] SUSE repository
    ... people who were about to ditch SUSE because the package manager sucked ... vary and you won't see any significant percentage of suse user on IRC. ... must be under yast, I will try all the candidates and if smart is as ... Not as dumb as yast2 but not necessarily as smart as... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Can you say ripoff - OT
    ... "Ah Linux just doesnt work on my laptop" .... ... We just bought a pair of eMachines/Gateways. ... So far I haven't found a video setting that will allow me to use SuSE [ ... The install instructions for the ATI card drivers on the ATI website ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Suse history. Was KDE accessibility.
    ... version with a manual that I bought from a UK internet vendor in the ... I bought nearly every boxed version after ... and with far less bother than Suse ever caused me. ... The only real problem in installation was getting the wifi to work. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] What is Suse 9.1.42 ?
    ... What's the big deal with the new Kernel? ... but my hardware all works with what hardware I have now. ... I bought sUSE ... and it worked great, so when 8.2 came out I bought that, Which 8.1 ...
    (SuSE)