Re: [SLE] Sending Email

John wrote:
Can someone please clarify the following:

If I use my ISP to send email, they log it and keep the record for years.

If I elect to use my server with its DNS capability to send the mail
'direct', even though I still need the ISP to give me an internet
connection, they have nothing to log.

If you're worried about email security, you might want to consider
encryption.

  • Re: [SLE] Router and 2 PCs question(s)
    ... John B wrote: ... I don't know how many hours you have with your ISP, ... >>amazed at how often dial on demand causes a connection, ... >>DNS server as well. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Sending Email
    ... If I use my ISP to send email, they log it and keep the record for years. ... If I elect to use my server with its DNS capability to send the mail ... they would have to start using encrypted emails themselves. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Sending Email
    ... If I elect to use my server with its DNS capability to send the mail ... even though I still need the ISP to give me an internet ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Cam Setup
    ... I have to enable uPnP in my router and use a web server provided by Panasonic to provide a fixed IP address so I can access the cam from anywhere. ... Your ISP has a Terms of Service. ... Operating a "server" on your home LAN, port forwarding ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Filename that has the Vegas pro settings
    ... It downloads virus definitions from their server, ... I'll try and find a way to get my internet connection ... And the NAT provided by the router, ... are the ones provided for free by your ISP. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)