Re: [SLE] Sending Email

John wrote:
Can someone please clarify the following:

If I use my ISP to send email, they log it and keep the record for years.

If I elect to use my server with its DNS capability to send the mail
'direct', even though I still need the ISP to give me an internet
connection, they have nothing to log.

If you're worried about email security, you might want to consider
encryption.

  • Re: [SLE] Router and 2 PCs question(s)
    ... John B wrote: ... I don't know how many hours you have with your ISP, ... >>amazed at how often dial on demand causes a connection, ... >>DNS server as well. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Sending Email
    ... If I use my ISP to send email, they log it and keep the record for years. ... If I elect to use my server with its DNS capability to send the mail ... they would have to start using encrypted emails themselves. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Sending Email
    ... If I elect to use my server with its DNS capability to send the mail ... even though I still need the ISP to give me an internet ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Cam Setup
    ... I have to enable uPnP in my router and use a web server provided by Panasonic to provide a fixed IP address so I can access the cam from anywhere. ... Your ISP has a Terms of Service. ... Operating a "server" on your home LAN, port forwarding ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: How do I get default service change to stay
    ... PITA - this is anti server behaviour by your ISP. ... If their ISP did not have these security> requirements, I would be using the POP connector to retrieve email and the ... > My only problem has been that if the ISP service in the Outlook profile is> not the default account, outbound Internet email is sent to the Exchange> server, not to the ISP mail server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)