[SLE] Re: [Fwd: [opensuse] No Screensavers]

On 7/2/06, jim tate <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Suse-10.1 , sorry aboutthat

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jim tate <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Suse <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 08:00:29 -0400
Subject: [opensuse] No Screensavers
Set screensavers to run random after five minutes .
But after five minutes Monitor screen goes dark and no screensaver, what
gives??

Jim

*** moving the message to the appropriate list ***

Hi Jim,
I've seen a similar behaviour in incomplete installations of the
xscreensaver package.
Are you sure your screensavers are installed? Can you display/preview
all of them?

You may also want to check whether there are any relevant messages in
/var/log/messages.

Thanks,
-mw

  • Re: [SLE] Re: [Fwd: [opensuse] No Screensavers]
    ... Subject: [opensuse] No Screensavers ... Set screensavers to run random after five minutes. ... I've seen a similar behaviour in incomplete installations of the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: After Dark Screensaver
    ... like some advice about one of the screensavers that Berkeley's After Dark ... After dark screen savers were always a problem in the past. ... video card and sound card for Windows 9X. ... havoc with the hardware resources that were needed by AfterDark. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [SLE] Re: [Fwd: [opensuse] No Screensavers]
    ... Set screensavers to run random after five minutes. ... Did you also check to 'ON' the option to make the screen saver aware ... control instead of over zealous power control. ...
    (SuSE)