Re: [SLE] interesting "problem"

James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
I had two konqueror instances running, one local to the machine, one
running on another via ssh -X.
Without thinking I right-clicked on a file on the remote Konq, then
copy, then moved to the local Konq and did a paste ... not much
happened :-)

Mostly of out curiosity I was wondering if I should expect it to work
at all?

I have often used Konqueror to copy files to or from another system.
In fact, you can use the fish protocol to access other systems,
without specifically starting ssh. However, in your case, I suspect
Konqueror was running on the remote system, not a local copy accessing
a remote system.

Quite so, that is exactly how it was running.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... You know that ssh reads the ... individual keystrokes are almost surely being relayed to the remote ... Your keystrokes will be encrypted before being sent to the server. ... Looking at output from wireshark capturing packets on port 22 it looks as if the password i captured locally and sent as one loken to the remote system. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Remote Set Up of Evolution
    ... system where evolution runs. ... On the remote system, this case my laptop, that I want to run evolution ... Then just click on the launcher and you get a nice requester for the ssh ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Good Bye FC5
    ... So do what I did with evolution. ... Create a script on the remote machine ... ssh -Y nameofremotemachine /fullpathto/nameofscripttorun ... And you don't need to have a script on the remote system, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] interesting "problem"
    ... running on another via ssh -X. ... Without thinking I right-clicked on a file on the remote Konq, ... However, in your case, I suspect Konqueror ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: question
    ... > Is it possible to run ssh as root but use another users ... public key to the authorized_keys file on the remote system ...
    (comp.security.ssh)