Re: [SLE] Gates [OT]

On Monday 17 July 2006 21:34, Orn E. Hansen wrote:
  If you look at it, he became this rich because there were bugs in Windows
98.  It's those bugs that keep his company going, producing "cures" in the
form of Windows XP and Windows Vista.  And don't put up an innocent face,
because the entire Linux community is about "endlesslessy fixing bugs" as
well.  It's this "endlessly fixing bugs" that is what is causing
the "blocking of the evolution in IT".  If I was to find a reason as to
"why" it's allowed ... it's probably because people are afraid of the "IT
revolution".

Man, parsing that hurt my brain.

It hardly seems fair to say that the Evolution of MS products is
because of bugs. Linux has evolved too. When I got into linux
you got a command line and that was it.

Hardware evolves too. Is the Pentium 4 in exitance because of
bugs in the 8088?

You seem to discount the concept of the natural progression of human
technology, seemingly suggesting that, were it not for ulterior motives
Adam and Eve would have progressed instantly to Astronauts or Gods.

Windows is a fundamentally flawed code base, which in spite of all
its faults, is the most economically successful (for MS) OS ever
developed, and the most costly (for users) OS ever marketed.

But bugs are not intentional.
--
John Andersen