[SLE] NFS hangs on machines with newer kernel (2.6.16* or 2.6.17*)
- From: Shaun Q <shaun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:27:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hey everyone --
We're having some problems here where writing to nfs hangs on clients with more recent kernels -- our newer machines running 10.1 for example... but it works fine on the older machines with the 2.4 series kernels.
I thought it might be some of the newer and extended NFS options (version 4 support for example), so I disabled everything but the basic NFS v3 client option in the kernel... and it worked for a little bit... but the hanging issue is back again.
I can reproduce it using cat /dev/zero > file into the nfs mount... I can kill that process with less than a seconds wait on the old machines, but if I try it on the newer ones it hangs.
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [SLE] Smart Update problem
- Next by Date: Re: [SLE] SPAM: unsubscribe
- Previous by thread: [SLE] 10.1 Apache2 install success but include.conf missing
- Next by thread: [SLE] Need file share help!