Re: [SLE] Not SUSE-related - serial port on a Compaq 8-port SAN-switch?

Mike wrote:

Does the port work with other serial devices?

Yes.

Check that it hasn't been disabled in the BIOS?

It's not.

Do you have a breakout box so you can test the port and cable?

The cable is working. I use it for a couple of headless systems too.

Are you sure it needs a null-modem?

No, that's one thing I'm not certain about - the port on the switch is
male, as is the port on the host.

Do you get anything on your screen?

Nothing. No response whatsoever.

Do you see any response on the switch?

Nope.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

  • RE: Possibly documentation bug?
    ... Hi Mike, yep, for a schema/map restarting the host should get the new ... I followed the deployment ... | I tested this by making map changes, unassociating the map with the port, ... | reassociating the map with the port. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.server)
  • Re: Printing to only USB printer
    ... > Hi Mike, ... if your label printer was a parallel device and you had it connected to ... automatically print to your Zebra printer on just that one specific machine, ... for Port Ne07. ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: Two new Texas travelogues posted to website
    ... Mike Hendrix wrote: ... Matagorda area the other one is around Rockport, Goose Island, Aransas ... Pass, Mustang Island, Port Aransas and Refugio. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: 3550 GBIC question
    ... Mike ... so it means i cannot put these two switch together by fibre ... > have old 2900XL with integrated fiber port, it may be 100BaseF port, not ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: IPSec
    ... In message, Mike ... >> addressed to port 80 was blocked. ... >done anything of the sort because if you had, your DNS request would have ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)