Re: [SLE] Not SUSE-related - serial port on a Compaq 8-port SAN-switch?

Per Jessen wrote:

Check out the statserial utility; statserial will show the status of
the pins of the serial port, like a software breakout box.

Good one - thanks Adam. I'll let you know.

The main difference between a working connection (null-modem to another
device) is that DCD is raised, whereas it isn't when I try the SAN
switch.

I haven't been able to try a straight through cable though - I need a
gender bender.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

  • Re: Phantom drive?
    ... found that one or more of the traces between the serial port and the 7406 ... physically -- and possibly damage it by breaking pins or something like ... What I mean is to make sure that the voltages on each pin seem right. ... So I suspect a slack joint at the 4066 because they are ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Phantom drive?
    ... I've spent some time measuring all sorts of connections but no new ... Those two pull-ups for the DATA and CLK lines should not measure lower ... So I simulated it last night by shorting pins on the serial port. ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Wiki reader
    ... My main concern is how fast a Forth can run the serial port. ... hard to find one with much info on the pins. ... Anyone know if that will interface ok to the Wikireader? ... you want to save the cost of the connector. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Phantom drive?
    ... U22 because these pins would be the ones affected when bending the CIA ... I vaguely remember dealing with one C64 that had a serial port issue. ... TTL chips are very hardy. ... It's only Vcc over-voltages that can hurt, ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Text between PCs via serial connection
    ... the connection works, because I have software ... pins 2 and 3 on your serial port. ... Pins 2 and 3 are the data Receive and Transmit pins ...
    (comp.programming)