Re: [SLE] POP Mail HOWTO?

From: "Anders Johansson" <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:59, mlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Similar questions about IMAP. And where should the mail
be going for the IMAP server to handle it, if _some_
of the users are local login users, but some are
remote-only and don't have a login account on the
serving PC?

I suspect that rules out Joanne's solution then, since I don't think that can handle virtual users (at least I don't think so).

cyrus can though, but in the solution I gave in my other email, it would require that you create accounts for them, but you can disable logins (set login shell to /bin/false) if you want.

That is exactly what my solution is, too. Create a dummy account, store
scripts and critical files there (sometimes via simple links), and set
/bin/false or /bin/nologin as the default shell. Works great until you
get to large numbers of accounts. Then it gets boring. {^_-}

{^_-}

  • Re: Repost: Local logon and Network Access settings
    ... think require network login since they are over the wire do in fact ... In the default situation, Authenticated Users ... is a member of User on a member machine, and, Users are granted ... user accounts that should be allowed to log into the machines in SomeOU. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Repost: Local logon and Network Access settings
    ... > think require network login since they are over the wire do in fact ... In the default situation, Authenticated Users ... > is a member of User on a member machine, and, Users are granted ... > user accounts that should be allowed to log into the machines in SomeOU. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_RE:_Prob:_failed_to_verify_krb5_credentials:_Server_not_?= =?ISO-8859
    ... Every user shall login with its already existing AD accounts. ... These are the logins, which I try to enter in the login prompt when I visit http://wiki.test.lan:8080. ... I did a nslookup on the unix system and it showed me the server as ... AD, thats also in the keytab file, is TWikiUser. ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • AIX password enumeration possible
    ... BPR personnel can neither confirm or deny this behaviour exists in any OS other than AIX of versions mentioned below. ... In the case that the correct password is provided, the response is as follows: ... believed to be in the response from the login program after authentication ... Give accounts that have been restricted from remote logins strong passwords. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Account Lockout Policies
    ... Allowing accounts to remain dormat for 30 days ... If a technical solution is unavoidable due to a lack of management buy-in, ... Extract login details from the security logs. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)