Re: [SLE] POP Mail HOWTO?

From: "Anders Johansson" <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Thursday 20 July 2006 17:59, mlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Similar questions about IMAP. And where should the mail
be going for the IMAP server to handle it, if _some_
of the users are local login users, but some are
remote-only and don't have a login account on the
serving PC?

I suspect that rules out Joanne's solution then, since I don't think that can handle virtual users (at least I don't think so).

cyrus can though, but in the solution I gave in my other email, it would require that you create accounts for them, but you can disable logins (set login shell to /bin/false) if you want.

That is exactly what my solution is, too. Create a dummy account, store
scripts and critical files there (sometimes via simple links), and set
/bin/false or /bin/nologin as the default shell. Works great until you
get to large numbers of accounts. Then it gets boring. {^_-}

{^_-}