Re: [SLE] Backing Out Kernel Update
- From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 10:37:39 +1000
Felix Miata wrote:
On 06/07/22 18:50 (GMT-0500) Robert Paulsen apparently typed:
Dores anyone know if the down-level rpms available from a SuSE web or ftp site?
The original is always available from the original CD/DVD set, and the
mirrors as long as the version remains supported.
After all the recent talk about backing out a kernel upgrade, today I
did a manual upgrade on 10.1, leaving me with 2 to choose from.
If you use smart to update your system then, provided that the installed kernel is marked as 'multiversion' (which it should be by default), then the old kernel is left in place and an entry pointing to it is added in the grub boot menu so that you can boot with it if you want.
This computer is environment-friendly and is running on OpenSuSE 10.1
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [SLE] smart: warning: waiting to reestablish exclusive database lock
- Next by Date: [SLE] xmms on OpenSuSE 10.1
- Previous by thread: Re: [SLE] Backing Out Kernel Update
- Next by thread: [SLE] Re: VFAT