[SLE] Cannot get wireless EVDO card (Merlin S620) to work in SUSE 10.1
- From: "David Trusty" <dwtrusty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:27:15 -0500
I have a Sprint broadband PCMCIA card (Merlin S620), and I am
running SUSE 10.1. I have seen some web notes about using modprobe
and ppp to get it to work, but these procedures don't work on SUSE 10.1.
I have registered the card and it does work under Windows.
I tried using ndiswrapper. It did not work. I found two .inf files
from WinXp install CD: nwusbmdm.inf nwusbser.inf.
The ndiswrapper command ran without errors, but did not show
Also, when I insert the card, it does not cause any new entries in
the "lspci" output. However, I still get the kernel message:
pccard: CardBus card inserted into slot 0
The lsusb command does not show any new entries after the card is inserted.
I have tried the recommended "modprobe usbserial vendor=0x1410 product=0x1110".
It has no effect.
Some directions suggest looking at /proc/bus/usb/devices, but in suse 10.1, that file does not exist.
Any ideas on how to get 10.1 to see this device?
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [SLE] Screen Saver Problem
- Next by Date: Re: [SLE] SPAM: Problems with an offline box and 10.1
- Previous by thread: [SLE] how to run aptate
- Next by thread: Re: [SLE] Cannot get wireless EVDO card (Merlin S620) to work in SUSE 10.1