[SLE] Intel 3945ABG WiFi driver

Hi,
I installed Suse10.1 on my new Asus V6J laptop. Yast seems to recongise the WiFi, but I can't bring it up.
I found a module for it (? ipw3945) and did a modprobe, wich caused two other modules to be loaded (ieee80211 and firmware_class).
What do I do next ?
I googled and in sourceforge there is a project for that WiFi-driver. Should I try that ?
Anyone had success with that interface ?
Thanks for any help.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong

  • Re: External (can)tenna for Centrino Mobile?
    ... external wifi antenna to my laptop to do this without destroying it. ... I've been told that the wireless card is "mini PCI" and is removable. ... The antenna consists of two coax cables, ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: list of wireless device supported
    ... It has been hard to get the wifi that works so well on your Windows ... step by step process that will get the modern laptop working. ... I used "service network reboot" and it came back up with two ... were boasting rock solid wireless support with F7. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: High end laptop recommendations
    ... I am looking for recommendations for a laptop purchase. ... are interested in to see of the WiFI works. ... don't specify the WiFI chips and they changes them on an hourly basis. ... You are playing your part in destroying essential services, and everyone - including you - will be worse off once even the lowest-end bargain shops are gone and replaced only by online shops. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • WiFi hell
    ... I have finally found myself in WiFi hell, ... Toshiba Tecra M1 laptop (Centrino blah blah blah with an Intel PRO/Wireless ... I configured the WAP to use 128-bit WEP, ... network again for a little while but then stopped for no apparent reason. ...
  • Re: High end laptop recommendations
    ... I am looking for recommendations for a laptop purchase. ... are interested in to see of the WiFI works. ... don't specify the WiFI chips and they changes them on an hourly basis. ... I bought a netbook a year ago. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)