Re: [SLE] apache internal/external problem

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 23:31, Sandy Drobic wrote:
Primm wrote:
On Tuesday 08 August 2006 23:15, you wrote:
Primm wrote:
I and everyone else can connect just fine from the Internet. It's the
internal connection that's failing.

internal client ip (192.168.1.30) internal server ip (192.168.1.2)

The client and server are the same IP 192.168.1.2. I have no
192.168.1.30 address

If the client and the server are different machines you NEED different
ip addresses within the same subnet to be able to connect.

Hi.
I have only one machine. The server on 192.168.1.2. I just ant to be able
to access my website via the name of the server just as I can from the
Internet. I can access it fine externally from Internet. I just can't
access it from the server, internally.

Did you enter the correct name in /etc/hosts?

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.2 servername.example.com servername

That should enable you on the local machine to use the address
http://servername.example.com

Yes. I have that entered. The ONLY one which works is 127.0.0.1

Sandy

PS: Sorry, I sent the previous mail also to your private address.

No problem. Thanks for helping.