Re: [SLE] apache internal/external problem

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 23:31, Sandy Drobic wrote:
Primm wrote:
On Tuesday 08 August 2006 23:15, you wrote:
Primm wrote:
I and everyone else can connect just fine from the Internet. It's the
internal connection that's failing.

internal client ip (192.168.1.30) internal server ip (192.168.1.2)

The client and server are the same IP 192.168.1.2. I have no
192.168.1.30 address

If the client and the server are different machines you NEED different
ip addresses within the same subnet to be able to connect.

Hi.
I have only one machine. The server on 192.168.1.2. I just ant to be able
to access my website via the name of the server just as I can from the
Internet. I can access it fine externally from Internet. I just can't
access it from the server, internally.

Did you enter the correct name in /etc/hosts?

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.2 servername.example.com servername

That should enable you on the local machine to use the address
http://servername.example.com

Yes. I have that entered. The ONLY one which works is 127.0.0.1

Sandy

PS: Sorry, I sent the previous mail also to your private address.

No problem. Thanks for helping.

  • Re: RWW Disconnecting
    ... Server to test the issue. ... I understand that remote client encounts following error message when RWW ... I strongly suggest that we rerun the Configure E-mail and Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Error.htm when using connectcomputer
    ... On the SBS server, run Set Up Computer Wizard to create all the remote ... Under Client Applications, uncheck everything except ... Start Internet Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW Disconnecting
    ... I understand that remote client encounts following error message when RWW ... I strongly suggest that we rerun the Configure E-mail and Internet ... 825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: ISA blocking some client internet access?
    ... and installed ISA Server 2004, the internal clients cannot browse the ... address and external IP address of the SBS Server are in the same subnet ... Open the Server management console, navigate to "Internet and E-mail", ... On the client side, type NSLOOKUP from the command prompt, then input ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... The SBS DNS server, running on ... its IP it means that your problem is now DNS. ... forward ports to it reliably in the router. ... I should have been more clear about internet connection.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)