Re: [SLE] Switching from Gnome to KDE
- From: Sergey Mkrtchyan <crusoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:12:16 +0500
stephan beal wrote:
Simply install the KDE packages. If you are starting the machine in runlevel 5 ("directly into graphical mode") then the switch is trivial: you can do it from the login screen. If you start in runlevel 3 ("text console"), then edit your ~/.bashrc file, add this line:
save it, then do:
and run 'startx'
Thanks very much Stephan, Marc, Kevin and all!
I didn't knew that it is that simple, thanks again.
Department of Molecular Physics,
Faculty of Physics, Yerevan State University
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [SLE] [OT] Proposed SuSE List Etiquette
- Next by Date: [SLE] RAID mirroring
- Previous by thread: Re: [SLE] Switching from Gnome to KDE
- Next by thread: Re: [SLE] Switching from Gnome to KDE