Re: [SLE] Mouse problem after updating to kernel 2.6.18-rc4-0-smp

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 23:03 +1000, Jacob David wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Mine is a wireless optical mouse. And it works fine
with the Zen kernel 2.6.16.21-0.13 and with Windows XP. The problem happens
only when I use the kernel 2.6.18-rc4-0-smp. Following is my
/etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "mouse"
Identifier "Mouse[1]"
Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "Name" "ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse"
Option "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
Option "Vendor" "Sysp"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

I don't have a separate section called "Mouse". I hope this is the section
you were refering to.

Thats the section. It looks OK but I see the problem is the multi
processor kernel which has provoked many discussions with friends.
Seems its buggy. At this point I can only suggest you install the
sources for the kernel and add to the grub menu the option or booting
either of the two kernels. Looks like you will be comparing mouse
handling source code in both kernels. Its beyond me for now.

If your middle button is a ball you can add 6 7 to the ZAxisMapping and
have horizontal to verticle scrolling.
--