Re: [SLE] finding identical files

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 10:21 +0200, Istvan Gabor wrote:
I'd like to back up my files. I have zillion directories with zillion
subdirs and it's possible that some files are duplicated. I would
like to find them before backing up. I found a software that
can do this but it's not free (zsDuplicateHunter).
Do you know one that is opensource and available for suse?
Thanks,
IG

FDUPES
http://premium.caribe.net/~adrian2/fdupes.html

Duff
http://duff.sourceforge.net/

  • [SLE] finding identical files
    ... I have zillion directories with zillion ... subdirs and it's possible that some files are duplicated. ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] finding identical files
    ... I have zillion directories with zillion ... subdirs and it's possible that some files are duplicated. ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: udev issues backing up /dev
    ... My question is what should I be backing up regarding udev? ... I've settled on cpio archives for portability. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: [SLE] SuSE 9.1 Backup in YAST
    ... > important process like backing things up shouldn't hang:) ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] strange KDE/konqueror problem
    ... It seems I won't be able to avoid creating a new .kde after ... backing up the old one. ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ...
    (SuSE)