Re: [SLE] Upgrading 9.3 x86_64 from DVD

Tony Nichols wrote:
On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 10:21 +0200, Zoran Ljubisic wrote:
Hi all,

I have suse 9.3 prof x86_64. I have suse 10.0 DVD x86_64. Can I just
start installation from this 10.0 DVD and upgrade my 9.3
installation? Do I have to expect some problems with this approach?

Zoran

I had no problem doing it... (sometimes wish I would have stayed at
10.0). Had to do a clean install to 10.1 -- now usb and my Intel Pro
1000 - gigabit over fiber (e1000 mod) are dead. Intel says they won't
support that revision anymore ;-)

I have soft raid 1 (2 hard disc). Should I expect some problems with that?

Zoran

PS Is there some problem with 10.1 version?

  • Re: Fedora 7 CD iso files?
    ... >> I was looking at the download area an only the DVD iso is available. ... >installation may be obtained using YUM. ... That works fine but you can't upgrade an existing installation ... DVD drive for my mail server which is an older computer (with no ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Time Sync Issue (w32tm debug help)
    ... you won't lose any data to take an In-place Upgrade ... backup your data before taking In-place Upgrade Installation. ... Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive. ...
  • Re: Vista Installation
    ... If you can boot an XP installation CD and cannot boot from a Vista installation DVD then I suspect that the problem may be with DVD head in the combo CD/DVD drive. ... >>> home premium using the upgrade version. ...
  • Re: stuck with windows update code: 80070490
    ... You are right I can always start with a new installation. ... I was very disappointed that although admitting it was a Microsoft problem ... you should be able to format & reinstall Vista using your DVD. ... Since my original dvd is before sp1 the upgrade option is greyed out. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Vista Windows Update error 800B0100 solution.
    ... figuring it out and rebooting after the successful installation. ... upgrade to replace the corrupted files. ... Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)