Re: [SLE] Backup of RAID1 partition
- From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 04:49:56 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, John Andersen wrote:
On Wednesday 23 August 2006 00:41, Justin Piszcz wrote:
Why are you running swap on a raid device?
You DEFINITELY want to do this, otherwise, when 1 disk dies, so does your
system if its using that swap!
Most systems don't use swap. Servers probably never should.
Most recommendations I've read are NOT to use raid for swap.
Some processes might die, but usually the system survives when swap is
You sure about that? Even if you have 64GB of RAM, the kernel developers say you should still use swap when I asked them about it.
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [SLE] Backup of RAID1 partition
- Next by Date: Re: [SLE] Help! Not accessible some web sites...
- Previous by thread: Re: [SLE] Backup of RAID1 partition
- Next by thread: Re: [SLE] Backup of RAID1 partition