Re: [SLE] Disappearing mouse cursor
- From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:51:56 -0400
On Saturday 26 August 2006 11:16, Paul Abrahams wrote:
I don't think I have two screensavers going.
I think the conflict I had was between xscreensaver and gnome-screensaver...
both had been installed and enabled by default at installation. It's easy
enough to check, of course:
carl@linux:~> ps ax | grep saver
5287 ? Ss 0:26 gnome-screensaver
I'll try the "init 3" trick next time I lose the cursor, since I expect no
trouble in getting to another console.
Tip: If the only time you're having trouble with your mouse (pointer gone) is
when the screensaver activates, you can always try switching from one
screensaver program to another. In my case, I disabled and uninstalled
xscreensaver and configured gnome-screensaver to my tastes. I could just as
easily have done the reverse if gnome-screensaver wasn't working correctly
with my hardware.
Check the headers for your unsubscription address
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com
Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [SLE] Re: solved [SLE] setting up ftp server under Suse 10.1?
- Next by Date: Re: [SLE] Disappearing mouse cursor
- Previous by thread: Re: [SLE] Disappearing mouse cursor
- Next by thread: Re: [SLE] Disappearing mouse cursor