[SLE] Notebook X setup.

Hi folks.

I've just finished installing opensuse on my notebook and have it all up dated
and going with Xgl all happening with the NVIDIA card, which is fantastic...
BUT... it will only work on an external monitor.

If I try and boot to the machine without the external attached, I get a blank
screen.

According to SAX its setup for an LCD, but it seems to turn the LCD off and
function key switching does nothing to help.

Any ideas?

Ta.

Peter.

--
Use Computes?.... ...Think IT!

  • Re: Toshiba Satellite L505D video issue
    ... There's a chance that it's the LCD ... say it works fine using an external monitor ergo the problem isn't ... by the previous owner". ... perhaps the previous owner broke the screen and fitted a replacement ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: LCD Troubleshooting guide?
    ... on the screen but switching to an external monitor is also blank. ... cause a dim image on the LCD but no external display? ... Troubleshooting whether it is the inverter or the lamp is pretty ... replace the whole LCD panel complete with the lamp inside instead. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: LCD Troubleshooting guide?
    ... on the screen but switching to an external monitor is also blank. ... cause a dim image on the LCD but no external display? ... Troubleshooting whether it is the inverter or the lamp is pretty ... replace the whole LCD panel complete with the lamp inside instead. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Compaq Presario Wont Boot
    ... won't complete the boot process using an external monitor. ... It's got to be the LCD, ... connectionfrom the LCD to the motherboard, or as a distant third damage ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: M60 problem
    ... I have to report back to Dell tomorrow with my findings from connecting ... to an external monitor. ... replicates what I see on the Dells LCD From this result I think the LCD ... or a new system board if graphics are ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)