SPAM: Re: [SLE] SPAM: New KDE files.

On Thursday 12 October 2006 22:13, Chuck Davis wrote:
In all the years I've been using SuSE/SUSE I've never had a successful
KDE upgrade from their KDE "service". It appears Kubuntu is doing a
better job in this regard since they almost immediately have packages
built and available for their disto. Makes one wonder......

Been upgrading KDE on SUSE for years, yet to have a problem.

Latest upgrades were fine as usual.

Suse 10.1.

Also check the archives at

  • Re: SUSE 9 and KDE3.2 from SUse (share your experience)
    ... >> Anyone have installed KDE from official suse web site and will share his ... > packages from SuSE to solve problems with dependencies. ... > upgrade to 3.2 I lost SuSEWatcher for automatic updates. ... > After you install the missing files (from your Suse DVD or CD-ROM, ...
  • Re: KDE 3.2 update and Suse 9.0 Pro
    ... >> upgrade to my Suse 9.0 pro computer using my home LAN. ... >> work with RPMs. ... I stopped the KDE upgrade, ...
  • My initial impressions of SuSE 9.1...
    ... This is the best eye candy I've seen yet for KDE! ... SuSE Window decorations with Thin Keramik style. ... I always seem to have to upgrade to the genuine Crystal icons because SuSE ... I like the artwork at the top of the YaST windows a lot better in 9.0. ...
  • Re: [SLE] 9.1 is sloooooowwww
    ... > shows as to the desktop icons, but the menu bar does not show for several ... > clicking on any menu does nothing, until KDE finishes initializing. ... > The only thing I changed before the upgrade was the monitor, ... I did disable the suse plugger automatic hardware scan on startup, ...
  • Re: [kde] KDE Desktop effects
    ... FWIW, I know the feeling. ... grade" (despite kde claims to the contrary) kde 4.2. ... OpenGL I get "Failed to activate[" and reversion to XRender. ... which I will upgrade or fresh-install. ...