SPAM: Re: [SLE] SPAM: New KDE files.

On Thursday 12 October 2006 22:13, Chuck Davis wrote:
In all the years I've been using SuSE/SUSE I've never had a successful
KDE upgrade from their KDE "service". It appears Kubuntu is doing a
better job in this regard since they almost immediately have packages
built and available for their disto. Makes one wonder......

Chuck

Been upgrading KDE on SUSE for years, yet to have a problem.

Latest upgrades were fine as usual.

Suse 10.1.

Matthew

  • Re: SUSE 9 and KDE3.2 from SUse (share your experience)
    ... >> Anyone have installed KDE from official suse web site and will share his ... > packages from SuSE to solve problems with dependencies. ... > upgrade to 3.2 I lost SuSEWatcher for automatic updates. ... > After you install the missing files (from your Suse DVD or CD-ROM, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: KDE 3.2 update and Suse 9.0 Pro
    ... >> upgrade to my Suse 9.0 pro computer using my home LAN. ... >> work with RPMs. ... I stopped the KDE upgrade, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • My initial impressions of SuSE 9.1...
    ... This is the best eye candy I've seen yet for KDE! ... SuSE Window decorations with Thin Keramik style. ... I always seem to have to upgrade to the genuine Crystal icons because SuSE ... I like the artwork at the top of the YaST windows a lot better in 9.0. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] 9.1 is sloooooowwww
    ... > shows as to the desktop icons, but the menu bar does not show for several ... > clicking on any menu does nothing, until KDE finishes initializing. ... > The only thing I changed before the upgrade was the monitor, ... I did disable the suse plugger automatic hardware scan on startup, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde] KDE Desktop effects
    ... FWIW, I know the feeling. ... grade" (despite kde claims to the contrary) kde 4.2. ... OpenGL I get "Failed to activate[" and reversion to XRender. ... which I will upgrade or fresh-install. ...
    (KDE)