Re: [SLE] Firefox 2.0 out

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 08:01 -0700, PerfectReign wrote:
For those interested, FF 2.0 is now out. It was supposed to be out
tomorrow, but for those who can't wait...

...I'm downloading it now.

I'm getting kind of tired of Opera, as it just doesn't do things the
way I want. FF - even though it looks like a crappy GTK+ app - just
works better.

Seems this site no longer works as it does under firefox 1.5.0.x.
It needs an updated jre which though a rpm gives me dependency issues
under Suse 9.2

Ill have to test under 10.0. But for now it seems not to be ready for
prime time.

Also check the archives at

  • Re: Deluxe Newsreader for OS X
    ... Can we just check are we talking Pineapple News 0.8.6 (and not, say, ... and downloading the newest headers ... You can either double-click on a newsgroup or on an entire account to ... forever downloading or reading possibly thousands of messages that are ...
  • Re: Spam Re: TOP20BONUSES.COM - Online Signup Bonuses and Promotions for Online Poker, Online C
    ... of downloading the headers for such messages has long since ceased to be a ... else have to even download or sift through the headers of your responses to ... your responses are just *adding* to the problem ... of wasted bandwidth rather than curing it. ...
  • Re: critique about xnews
    ... I consider the immediate downloading of ... headers in the background for subscribed groups to be a necessary ... feature of an offline newsreader. ...
  • Re: Back on Line???
    ... will tell me how to do it I might try the Berlin Server, ... and it's as little like sand as clay rocks are like ... but insists on downloading all the headers and then ... I have to mark the headers I want and tell it to download the ...
  • Re: Client Side Rules and Cache
    ... >> Outlook sometimes freeze when they are connected via slow links. ... > Are they attempting to synchronize only on the headers, ... > what happens if your users switch to downloading only the headers. ...