[opensuse] Novell Trumpets Support for Open Source Development

Novell Trumpets Support for Open Source Development

Novell moved Wednesday to underscore its support for free software
development after volunteer technical support collapsed for rival Red
Hat's free Linux version. Novell spokesperson Kevan Barney said the
downfall of Red Hat's Fedora Legacy Project only strengthens Novell's
commitment to its own partnership with open source, or free, software
developers worldwide.

See the Full Story:
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/54997.html

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.

  • Re: SUSE Licensing question
    ... rather stating a usenet post by a 3rd ... I have been in conversation with a couple of the support guys/gals at ... Novell and due to the NDA that they have to sign they cannot comment ... "get their heads around the idea of free software" which also includes ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: The future of Ada is at risk
    ... Most companies left in 1998 when the DOD killed the "Ada Law". ... Most Ada projects are not for open source community and will ... it lacks proper support and implementation on a variety of platforms. ... Most programmer use a Desktop that they like ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: File transfer from Linux to Win XP over USB - basic questions
    ... :> The whole appeal of open source is the ability to fork and branch. ... :>> a modified version that we haven't even seen, how can we support it? ... actual software developers, but for people who have to keep up with the ...
    (comp.protocols.kermit.misc)
  • Re: The future of Ada is at risk
    ... Most companies left in 1998 when the DOD killed the "Ada Law". ... Most Ada projects are not for open source community and will ... platforms. ... Free support is always limited! ...
    (comp.lang.ada)
  • Re: 100% Open Source Job Opportunities???
    ... Sun is by far the least offensive because of Java and their intention to finally release Java as open source. ... I would love to see them go on a massive global learning campaign in support of learning the language. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)