Re: [opensuse] Future of SUSE (at home)

Hi!

On 1/14/07, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HG wrote:

> You sent this privately to me...

error

After which I sent you private email also. Which you then quote some
parts without my permission on a public list. Thanks.

anybody know Bill gates is a very good seller...

And he will also sell that home server to millions of homes
(eventually) as you SUSE guys do not even want to talk about it.

So, how would you, jdd, create the home server? How do you setup the
raid monitoring? How to set up samba with quotas and permissions for
children? Which FS to choose so that the FS can later on easily made
bigger or smaller (when a small RAID needs to be removed to make room
for larger)? How to start smartmontools automatically? Would you start
the wiki for this and show us how to make most of what's under the
hood of SUSE?

--
HG.

  • Re: [SLE] more on umask
    ... > A directory can't be owned by a group, but you can chgrp to that group. ... > permission bits will still be determined by the file creators umask. ... the default configuration in SuSE has everyone in the ... others out of his home directory. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: no-execute partitions with SuSE 9.x multiple boot
    ... > permission under one or more other OS. ... :) Yes, kind of, but not only in SuSE. ... Two of the mount options are exec and noexec. ... Change the options column of the desired ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Cant write to USB DVD/CD drive
    ... > started it prompted me to run K3bSetup2, ... > permission to access the drive. ... According to the notes on the SuSE site for upgrades, ... fixing the problem users had with CD/DVD burning. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Pointing Yast at alternate installation sources
    ... Anders Johansson wrote: ... jdd said: ... I always have been obliged to do so in all suse until 9.0 at ... see the suse 9.0 error message. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Kde4 - plasmoids not working
    ... I did it and like Clayton said many problems seemed to be solved and new ... The plasmoid with the system tray start to work after few attempts. ... The application launcher with the "suse" type o menu stays open. ...
    (SuSE)