Re: [opensuse] k3b and isos

* Jay Smith <susehelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-06-07 22:46]:
I tried the openSuSE one and the packman one. They didn't work AND i couldn't get
rpms working. On one of the suse forums, I was advised to compile it.

On Tue Feb 6 18:40 , Patrick Shanahan sent:

* Jay Smith susehelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-06-07 21:15]:
Yes, I am 100% sure that my media supports 4x. I also checked the media on
another computer. It seems fine. Any ideas of what can be of cause? I would like
other options. Trust me, my isos don't work when burnt higher than 4x so ya.
Maybe there's another burner I can try, I have only used k3b so I don't even know
what a good option is.

On Tue Feb 6 15:19 , "Joe Morris (NTM)" sent:

Jay Smith wrote:
So I just now compiled k3b 1.0rc5 and I am trying to burn an ISO. It
will only
give me three burnspeed options. x10, x16, and x24. Now I normally burn isos at
x4 and I know for a fact my burner should be able to do that. it did that back
when I used ubuntu way back when. Anyone know how I can set my speeds in k3b or
does it hurt to burn a CD iso at x10? Thanks all for your help. I am using 10.2
openSuSE by the way. Thanks.

Does your media support 4x? IIANM, k3b checks for the highest speed
both support (media and burner) and starts there and automatically slows
down if the system cannot support it.

--
Joe Morris

Then use openSUSE provided rpm or one from the buildservice rather than
compiling your own.

OpenSUSE Linux http://en.opensuse.org/

Please explain, "I tried the openSuSE one and the packman one. They
didn't work AND i couldn't get rpms working."

ps. I read the list. It is where I saw your problem. There is no
reason to send me two copies of the same post. On mailing lists in
general, unless specifically requested otherwise, reply to the list.

OpenSUSE Linux http://en.opensuse.org/

  • Re: [opensuse] Building VPN network with OpenVPN and OpenSuSE11
    ... [opensuse] Building VPN network with OpenVPN and OpenSuSE11 ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Problem with xcb_lock [solved]
    ... Has someone installed deepview under OpenSuse 10.3? ... your proble. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] 11.2 a big step backwards?