Re: [opensuse] More 10.2 nightmares

On 2/11/07, J Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John Pierce wrote:
> On 2/11/07, J Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Why not just change change line 18 of /etc/sysconfig/videobios to read:
>>
>> VIDEOBIOS_PARAMETERS="5c 1440 900"
>>
>> Joe
>> --
>>

> Well, Joe that sounds like a winner. After all of the googling I only
> found the 915 thing that I posted about.
>
> I found that result and gave it a try and it worked for me, I had know
> Idea about the VIDEOBIOS_PARAMETERS= setting. I have been using linux
> since about 1998 with an early red disto that I downloaded and
> installed from rpms. I have learned quite a lot about linux since
> then and am willing to try anything. To me the best move I have ever
> made was ditching windows. I have converted my wife and sons and they
> hate to even use windows at work and school.

Wow that's cool - I've been running linux for some years too, and find that I
have to keep learning, as it is constantly being refined and updated.

I tried to raise my kids right, and today all the guys in this house run
linux, and all the girls use macs, so it's an all-unix house, and virus free!

Joe
Well, in my small community in central kentucky I have converted at
least 20 windows users to linux users in the last 2 years. I am
trying to get a lug started here and I think we are getting close to
being a reality now.

I have had a couple of meetings now with the superintendent of our
school system and I think we might get to experiment with a small
class at the middle school, maybe get them to use openoffice and a few
linux terminals. We have been looking at the k12ltsp software.

I don't think ms needs to be out of business, but if they lose enough
business maybe they will mend their ways and start making quality
software. I know you will probably say I am dreaming and I probably
am.

--
John

Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org