Re: [opensuse] Suse 10.2d 64-bit +Kde (solved)

Anders Johansson wrote:
On Monday 09 April 2007 01:39, Art Fore wrote:

Only remaining problem is that I cannot boot with RAID 1 installation.
Still comes up with no opereating system found even though I can boot on
a clean non-RAID install on either disk.

Yes, /boot needs to be outside the RAID. I had issues with that as well. It
seems lilo and grub can't handle RAID 1 anymore

I am running raid 1 with boot inside my raid with no problems (at least
not when Grub is installed in the MBR). /dev/md0 is my root. My
menu.lst has, for example,
root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/md0 vga=0x31a resume=/dev/hda1
splash=verbose showopts
initrd /boot/initrd

I have tried out several kernels (right now running 2.6.20.2-34-default)
and they have installed and updated my menu.lst and I have had no boot
issues (unlike 10.1, where I just ran grub from the command line as it
seemed to always mess it up). Grub appears to have no problem with
raid1 boot as long as it can access it. I have read where newer
versions will support software raid natively, i.e. no more root (hd0,4),
but actually read the root from raid.

--
Joe Morris