Re: [opensuse] KDE 4 in parallel to KDE 3 on openSUSE 10.2, possible?

Mohammad Bhuyan wrote:
Hi All,

Writing to the list as the instruction provided in opensuse wiki (
http://en.opensuse.org/KDE4 ) was not clear enough for me.

1. Can I install KDE 4 parallel to my KDE 3.5.7 (latest release) on 10.2?

I'vwe never tried this with kde, but when I had to test programs under
several compilers at work, I handled it by installing the compilers and
their libraries to /opt/<version>, then writing a shell script that
linked them to /usr and /etc. When I needed to change compiler, I
executed the script for that version.

I can't see why this wouldn't work for a window manager.

John Perry

  • [opensuse] KDE 4 in parallel to KDE 3 on openSUSE 10.2, possible?
    ... Writing to the list as the instruction provided in opensuse wiki ( ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: non load/store architecture?
    ... because the pipelining masks the latency. ... DEC compilers actually were ... get in there to write a decent instruction schedule. ... reasons why the Itanium is such a bad solution in most cases is that ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Hi
    ... ARM9 that is an entirely different instruction as on an ARM2 (in ... mode bits or flags are is affected. ... Yes the original ARM compilers could use BL in conditional execution. ...
    (comp.sys.arm)
  • Re: Runtime crash in z/OS
    ... manipulations in file buffers' was expanded into the zero-tolerance ... On some of the earlier compilers going back to IBM 1401, ... you could move in a single instruction was 255 bytes... ... but she doesn't because the Payroll didn't run. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: whose cc recognises byte moves
    ... Thank you, yes I see, on C platforms where long essentially means int, ... Writing shifts or byte moves commonly provokes actual C compilers to ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)