Re: [opensuse] KDE 4 in parallel to KDE 3 on openSUSE 10.2, possible?

Mohammad Bhuyan wrote:
Hi All,

Writing to the list as the instruction provided in opensuse wiki (
http://en.opensuse.org/KDE4 ) was not clear enough for me.

1. Can I install KDE 4 parallel to my KDE 3.5.7 (latest release) on 10.2?

I'vwe never tried this with kde, but when I had to test programs under
several compilers at work, I handled it by installing the compilers and
their libraries to /opt/<version>, then writing a shell script that
linked them to /usr and /etc. When I needed to change compiler, I
executed the script for that version.

I can't see why this wouldn't work for a window manager.

John Perry