Re: [opensuse] Re: Motherboard suggestions for AMD 64 bit

My thanks to all the advice received on this thread.
For the record, I've built the following:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
4GB of Kingston DDR2 667MHz/PC2-5300 ECC (2 matched 2GB pairs)
3 * 500GB Western Digital Caviar SE16 SATA II 300 7200rpm 16MB cache
configured as software RAID 5, giving around 930Gb under '/'
Greaphics: Leadtek PX7300 GS (I only look at text)

The biggest design problem turned out to be to find a case with enough 5 1/4" drive capacity (I need 2*DVD, floppy, the above 3 + other drives in the future). For anyone interested the Antek Nine Hundred has space for 10 such drives!

PS: Antek TRUEPOWER TRIO 550W (nice big fan on top).

It's now all up-and-running under openSUSE 10.2 - mostly (see another thread).

Chris Haynes