Re: [opensuse] Moving /home to root partition

Bob Kline wrote:
Mohammad Bhuyan wrote:
Hi,

I have the /home on its own partition, but I need to move it to the root
partition without losing data,

I am not an expert but I was thinking if the following should work

1. To be on the safe side get out of x (ex: init 3) ....

Wouldn't it be even safer to boot from a live CD?

As long as only root is logged in, init 3 is fine.

  • Re: [opensuse] documenting HD partitions...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Fwd: [opensuse] Repartitioning
    ... In theory you can do it in YaST, ... I used to do this in other OSes with Partition Manager ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Calculating optimal disk partitions
    ... $ sudo parted -a opt /dev/sdb ... Type 'help' to view a list of commands. ... Partition Table: msdos ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Newbie help how to enlarge root partition
    ... over copying my 40GB HDD to a properly-partitioned 160GB HDD, ... partition to use the available free space on the new drive? ... notice spaces in commands. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Moving /home to root partition
    ... partition without losing data, ... Bob Kline ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)