Re: [opensuse] Re: simple LAN

Jonathan Arnold wrote:
Some of us are glad! I use XP for work, but moved away from Windows almost a
year ago on my personal machine.

I have never had Windows as my main OS on my home computer. I've only got it on my ThinkPad, which I also installed SUSE on. At home, I went from DOS to OS/2, over 15 years ago and then to Linux, about 5 years ago. Whenever I have to use Windows, I feel restricted because it's very limiting compared to Linux or OS/2.

  • Re: Department store self-checkouts run on XP (and they crash)
    ... being far more reliable than Windows (either of that time, ... OS/2 was/is reliable and very predictable. ... OS/2 works pretty much like linux. ... Maybe the reliability was due to not being bloated? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: unusual bike designs ect
    ... Assuming that the three different operating systems are Windows, Linux ... When it became apparent that OS/2 was destined to become ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: BSD: Relevant , Lennart Poettering Isnt Anymore
    ... of Linux such as RHEL, Suse, etc. seem to have made more headway into ... On the latest Windows 7, ... but honestly I still do prefer the FreeBSD approach were I can ... with OS/2) I'd be interested in hearing those thoughts. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: PcLinux
    ... Mind zap every time I see gcc... ... despicable than the simple limited capabilities of OS/2, ... can really quibble about is open for debate even between linux distros. ... herd of rabid badgers would be preferable to using Windows, ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: My Continuing Adventures With Linux
    ... the newer SW you need high spec boxes and I'm just not going to go out and spend $1K or more getting more/new boxes and HW just so I can use the latest SW when all of my old boxes work fine, and I can do wp & spreadsheets & internet jazz to my heart's content. ... Considering that many versions of Linux aren't commercial, and that there are a number of volunteers working on it, the chances of serious bugs arising is likely reduced as there are no deadlines to meet and no advertising propaganda to live up to. ... It, by default, launches into the command-line interface and one can start X windows from there. ... In the department where I used to teach, two new IBM machines arrived one day and they had OS/2 on them. ...
    (sci.research.careers)